This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
- Correct your paper or electronic medical record
- Request confidential communication
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- Choose someone to act for you
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
You have some choices in the way that we use and share information as we:
- Tell family and friends about your condition
- Provide disaster relief
- Include you in a hospital directory
- Provide mental health care
- Market our services and sell your information
- Raise funds
Our Uses and Disclosures
We may use and share your information as we:
- Treat you
- Run our organization
- Bill for your services
- Help with public health and safety issues
- Do legal compliance research
- Respond to organ and tissue donation requests
- Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing.
- If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time.
- Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information visit the HHS website.
Additional California Privacy Disclosures
Effective as of January 1, 2020
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, this section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about you, and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, or “CCPA.”
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides you the right to request:
- That we provide you access to details on the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect and/or sell (including how we use and disclose this information, to whom we may sell it);
- That we delete any of your personal information;
- To opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may occur; and
- To not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above rights.
If you would like to submit a request to exercise your California privacy rights under the CCPA, you may do so here. We will verify your request using information associated with your account, including your email address. Further identification may be required. You may also designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf.
Please note, if you do not have an account used to comment on our blog, use our photo gallery ‘save’ feature, or have contacted us previously through a form on our Site, we will not have enough information about you to verify your Right to Know and Right to Delete requests, as we do not keep sufficient information necessary to reidentify and link you to a prior visit our website where data may have been collected. As such, we will be unable to verify and honor your requests. You may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information twice per 12-month period.
L&P Aesthetics will not sell your personal information without your prior consent.
How We Receive Personal Information
Directly from you
When you visit our Site, log-in as a registered user, or provide your information in a form on our Site, we will collect and store that information.
Indirectly from you
When you navigate and interact with our Site, some information is automatically collected by cookies and similar technologies. Not all information collected may be personal information, and some cookies are necessary to use different functionalities of our Site. The personal information collected may include information about your computer and internet connection, like IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Why We Use Your Personal Information
Any reviews or other content that you submit to third-parties about our Site or Services are assumed to be intended for public display and are therefore viewable by the public and may appear on our Site, including your name, any photos the review platform permits you to share, and any other personal information you divulge.
To engage in research and analysis related to the Site. We store and use information to identify and fix errors, understand how visitors use our Site, research and test different features, and analyze how visitors arrive at and use our Site.
To improve and understand usage of the Site. We store and use information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, pages viewed, and the date, time and duration of your visits, to understand and improve usage of the Site.
Why We Use Your Personal Information
Under the CCPA, a “sale” means providing to a third-party personal information for valuable consideration. It does not necessarily mean money was exchanged for the transfer of personal information. Due to the complexities and ambiguities in the CCPA, we will continue to evaluate some of our third-party relationships as we wait for final implementing regulations and guidance. We provide Usage Data to advertising partners, which enables us to participate in analytics and conversion tracking systems. We will continue to update our business practices as regulatory guidance becomes available and provides clarity on what constitutes a sale transaction, particularly in the advertising ecosystem.
You may opt out of many third-party services we use to collect analytical data about your visit to our Site. To do so, follow the links below to use the provided tools by these third-party vendors.
- Type of Cookie: Advertising
- Source: DoubleClick
- Opt Out Tool: Opt Out choice
- Type of Cookie: Analytics and Research
- Source: Google Analytics
- Opt Out Tool: Opt Out choice 1 and 2